Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Attorney
We know that you do not spend your time thinking about what you would do if you or a loved one get seriously injured in an accident. Unfortunately, life is unpredictable and there are times when events take place that are out of our control. If an injury does occur that was caused by someone else’s negligence, you need to know what to do next.
Vladimir Tsirkin & Associates, P.A. understands that anyone injured in an accident has both immediate and long-term needs. Most people only think of emergency medical expenses when it comes to injuries, but it goes far beyond that. When you need a Fort Lauderdale personal injury attorney, you can count on us to work diligently so we can secure the compensation you need for all of your injury-related expenses.
What Kinds Of Injuries?
There are many ways in which a person can suffer injuries due to the mistakes of someone else. Today, we will cover some of the most common ways people get hurt and need to pursue a personal injury case, but this is not a complete list. Always seek out the advice of a qualified attorney before making a decision.
- Car And Truck Accidents – In Florida, there were more than 402,385 vehicle accidents during the latest reporting year. Out of those, there were 3,116 fatalities and 254,310 injuries. Many of these accidents revolve around negligent driving behavior, including impaired driving, distracted driving, and those who speed or drive aggressively. When another driver’s negligence causes harm, they should be held accountable for their actions.
- Workplace Accidents – The Bureau of Labor Statistics tells us that there were around 8 million nonfatal workplace injuries or illnesses last year. While most work injuries should be covered by workers’ compensation insurance, there are times when coverage is denied or you are eligible for more compensation than they are offering. Often, these accidents happen because of employer actions or due to third-party contractors.
- Slip And Fall Accidents – Slip and fall accidents are the most common type of premises liability cases that cause personal injuries. In fact, they sent more than one million people to the ER during the last reporting year. These accidents are often preventable and are caused due to employees not doing their jobs properly.
- Animal/Dog Attacks – We know that approximately 800,000 dog bites require medical attention each year in the US, often due to infections. We also know that dog attacks can cause devastating soft tissue damage that can require surgery to repair. These attacks often occur due to a dog owner’s disregard of laws when it comes to properly securing their animals or letting them off of their leash.
- Medical Errors –Medical mistakes are the third leading cause of death in the US. The estimates are as high as 440,000 fatalities a year. There are millions more who survive medical mistakes and must live with the consequences. These errors often revolve around medication errors, surgical mistakes, misdiagnosis, and healthcare-acquired infections.
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Incidents – Pedestrians and bicyclists are the most vulnerable group of people in and around the roadway and are often injured due to other driver’s actions. All too often, we see pedestrians and cyclists injured because a driver ignored a right-of-way.
- Defective Products – Faulty products are a major concern across the US and something we see in the news nearly every night. Sometimes it is a vehicle that catches fire, other times it is a food that is carrying E. coli or Salmonella. The government website that tracks current recalls shows us plenty of dangerous foods, appliances, toys, cosmetics, medications, and more. These incidents occur due to product design mistakes, manufacturing errors, and product labeling issues.
When you are injured in an accident, the main concern is getting the medical care you need. Unfortunately, medical bills will begin to roll in quickly and we know they can be costly. Most major injuries can see costs that rise into the hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Do you know if insurance will cover the total medical bill?
How can a family living paycheck-to-paycheck afford to cover even a portion of a $100,000 medical bill?
We also know that these are only the visible costs of an accident. Insurance companies never really consider the hidden costs of an accident. These can include any lost wages and benefit as well as long-term pain and suffering damages.
Why should a victim and their family have to suffer financially due to a mistake that someone else made?
How An Attorney Will Help
There is no question that a qualified and experienced attorney can help you through this situation. First, they will sit with you and listen to your story. Then, they will chart a path forward. This includes helping you gather all necessary paperwork (police reports, medical records, video and photo evidence, etc.).
Your attorney will also handle insurance companies and other parties involved. Remember, insurance companies are not really there to make large settlements. They will fight having to do that, even if it means attempting to blame you for your own injuries. By securing an attorney, you are insulating yourself from that possibility.
It Is Time To Get Help
The time to secure an attorney is now. If you or a loved one have been harmed due to another person’s negligence, you should not have to worry about how you will pay for your bills, you should be focused on healing and being with family.
Vladimir Tsirkin & Associates, P.A. will investigate your case and work with insurance companies and other parties involved to secure the compensation you need. This can include:
- Coverage of your medical expenses that relate to the incident.
- Recovery of lost wages and benefits you lose if you are unable to work.
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages.
- Punitive damages against the party(ies) responsible for your injuries.
When you need a Fort Lauderdale personal injury attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation by clicking here or calling 305-831-4333.